The information provided here is very general and is accurate as of August 2011.
Please contact the County Clerk's office where you plan to get your marriage license before you go.
(scroll down for County contact info).
- In the State of Colorado Marriage Licenses must be used within 30 days. Plan to get your Marriage License from the County Clerk & Recorder within in the two weeks prior to your wedding date.
- You may get your license in either the County in which you live, or are getting married. You can go to the County Courthouse or sometimes the nearest DMV where you register your car.
- Both Bride and Groom need to be present to get the Marriage License. Have a valid ID and your social security number with you - Drivers License, Passport, Visa, Birth Certificate, Military ID, or state issued ID Card. Applicants need not be residents of Colorado. If one of you cannot appear due to illness, is out of state, or incarcerated,
bring a Notarized Absentee Application from the Clerk and Recorder’s office, along with identification
for the absent person.
- The age requirement for marriage is 18 or over. If younger, parental consent is required.
- If either Bride or Groom has finalized a divorce within 30 days of applying for the Marriage License, be able to show the final Decree papers signed by a judge or court referee. If the divorce has been final more than 30 days, be able to state the date, place and court in which the divorce was finalized.
- Colorado does not require blood tests.
- The Marriage License fee is $30, and only cash is accepted, no checks or credit cards.
- Bring your Marriage License to the wedding ceremony where your Officiant will fill it out and sign it along with the Bride and Groom and two witnesses of your choice.
- If the Bride is planning to change her name ask the County Clerk how they prefer she sign the marriage license - with the maiden or married name.
- Unless you need to take your Marriage License in yourself for some reason, your Officiant will take it and send it in for you.
- If you are traveling by rail or air immediately after your wedding for a honeymoon, do not attempt to change your name prior to that. The name on all your travel documents and ID's need to match. Use your maiden name until you come back and then you can start making the change.
- To change your name, start with your social security number and then your driver's license. You will need to go in person for these and show the original marriage license document.
- Much of the rest of your changes can take place by phone or mail. Never let your marriage license our of your possession. If it is requested, send a copy.
Colorado County Marriage License Offices
Send all mail to the attention of Marriage License Dept.
For other Colorado County Information not listed here:
Adams County Clerk & Recorder
- 303 654-6020 (for all cities)
4430 S. Adams County Parkway, Suite E2400, Brighton, CO 80601-8203
Arapahoe County Clerk & Recorder - 303 795-4511
5334 S. Prince St., Littleton CO 80166-0060
Broomfield County Clerk & Recorder - 303 464-5819
One Des Combes Dr., Broomfield CO 80020
Boulder County Clerk & Recorder - 303 413-7770
1750 33rd Street, Suite 201, Boulder, CO 80301
Clear Creek County Clerk & Recorder - 303 679-2300
405 Argentine St. PO Box 2000, Georgetown CO 80444
Denver County Clerk & Recorder - 720 865-8400
201 W. Colfax Avenue, Dept. 101, Denver, CO 80202
Douglas county Clerk & Recorder - 303 660-7469
301 Wilcox St., Castle Rock CO 80104
Eagle County Clerk & Recorder - 970-328-8723
P.O. Box 537, 500 Broadway, Suite 101, Eagle, Colorado 81631
El Paso County Clerk & Recorder - 719 520-6278
200 S. Cascade Ave.. Colorado Springs CO 80903
Gilpin County Clerk & Recorder - 303 582-5321
PO Box 429, 203 Eureka St. Central City CO 80427
Grand County Clerk & Recorder - 970-725-3347
PO Box 120, 308 Byers Ave., Hot Sulphur Springs CO 80451
Jefferson County Clerk & Recorder - 303 271-8181
100 Jefferson County Parkway #2530, Golden CO 80419
Larimer County Clerk & Recorder - 970 498-7860
PO Box 824, 200 W. Oak St., Fort Collins CO 80521
Park County Clerk & Recorder - 303 838-4280
288 Main St., Bailey CO 80421
Summit County Clerk & Recorder - 970 453-3470
PO Box 1538, 208 Lincoln Ave., Breckenridge CO 80424-1538
Weld County Clerk & Recorder - (970) 353-3840
Mailing Address: PO Box 459, Greeley CO 80632
GREELEY 1402 N. 17th Ave. Greeley, CO 80631
FT. LUPTON 2950 9th Street Ft. Lupton, CO 80621
DEL CAMINO 4209 WCR 24 1/2 Longmont, CO 80504
Contact Rev. Carrie to Schedule a Free Introductory Meeting about Your Ceremony
Rev. Carrie MaKenna, MA
Anam Cara Living Arts
Independent, Non-denominational Wedding Officiant
Distinctive Program and Ceremony Design and Facilitation for
Moments that Matter in Business, Social and Private Events
Denver Metro Colorado, Front Range, and Mountains
Call: 720 933-3813
Email Rev. Carrie
Carrie's also Fine Artist with a Studio and Gallery in Colorado.
Please check out her website www.anamcarastudiogallery.com
Please Respect the Arts
If you copy or use anything from this site without written and signed permission unless stated otherwise
you are stealing from an Artist and Spiritual Teacher.
No part of this website may be printed, reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic
or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system,
without written and signed permission. Thank you.